I've been playing around recently with the LabJack U3-HV (a multi-function DAQ device); no specific goal in mind.
Using Java running Win7 to interface with U3's APIs.
Great device, easy to use and robust (no smoke has escaped yet).
The unit has:
- Communication port: USB type B
- (8) flexible I/O ports: configurable to digital I/O, analog inputs, timers, counters
- (6) 5vdc terminals
- (7) ground terminals
- (2) analog outputs
- Expansion connector DB15.
The unit is powered solely from USB connection.
Currently my setup has:
- U3-HV DAQ unit with USB comm (LabJack)
- Thermal probe (Model EI-1022)
- Voltage driven LED, toggled
- Switched input (open/closed circuit)
- Counter push button counter with debounce circuit (required)
- AC/DC control relay (for 120vac control)
AC/DC control relay by Digital Loggers, Inc shown here
Java example code provided from LabJack site.
My Java starter code reads/sets the component configuration shown. Code can be found at:
Next things to try:
- Streaming read for real-time response.
- Add set of relays.
- Web Application with JSON data exchange.
- Add a wiring diagram of components.
- Read internal temp